Grilled Zucchini and Yellow Squash with Chipotle Lime Salt
Lime zest, chipotle powder and salt is a beautiful color combination. Use it to top grilled veggies. It makes the flavors pop. — Chef Susanne Bicknese, Spencer, Iowa, Hy-Vee
Servings and Ingredients
|2||medium yellow or crook-neck squash|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tsp.||kosher salt, divided|
|1 tsp.||freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper|
|2 tsp.||chipotle powder, divided|
|3||limes, zested and juiced|
- Cut tops and bottoms from zucchini and squash. Cut lengthwise into quarters.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, black pepper, 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, 1 tablespoon lime zest and juice. Add zucchini and squash, seal bag and shake to combine. Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for direct heat to medium-high. Oil grill grates.
- Grill zucchini and squash on all sides until nicely marked and slightly tender. Remove to platter.
- Just before serving, combine remaining lime zest with remaining salt and chipotle powder. Sprinkle over hot zucchini and squash and serve.
80 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 35%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2014.