Crispy Rice Shrimp with Spicy Mango Dip
These crunchy cereal-coated shrimp are a snap. Slip them under the broiler for a few minutes and then you’re done.
Servings and Ingredients
|24 fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells|
|1 recipe Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce|
|Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray|
|2 egg yolks|
|½ c. Hy-Vee mayonnaise|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee seasoned salt|
|4 c. Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal, crushed|
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Prepare Mango Dipping Sauce. Cover sauce and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Spray rack with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks, mayonnaise and seasoning salt. Dip each shrimp, one at a time, into mayonnaise mixture, then dip into cereal to coat. Pat cereal in place as necessary to adhere. Place shrimp on prepared rack on baking sheet.
- Broil shrimp 6 to 8 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn shrimp and broil for 3 minutes more or until shrimp turn opaque. Serve shrimp with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce.
- Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce: In a blender, combine ½ cup Hy-Vee mayonnaise or Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt, ½ cup cubed fresh mango and 1 tablespoon each lemon juice and bottled hot sauce. Cover and blend until smooth.
100 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 8%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016