Made in individual ramekins, these adorable desserts reflect a trend—people love mini-size pies.
Servings and Ingredients
|Hy-Vee butter, for greasing|
|4 c. fresh or frozen whole cranberries|
|1 c. Hy-Vee sugar|
|2 tbsp. cranberry juice|
|2 pears, cored, peeled and chopped|
|1 Hy-Vee refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of a 15-oz pkg)|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg|
|1 tsp. water|
|Coarse sugar, for sprinkling|
|Vanilla ice cream, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. Butter four 3/4-cup ramekins; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and cranberry juice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Divide pears among ramekins; spoon cranberry mixture over top.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrust. Cut out 4 rounds of dough, each about 1/2 inch larger than the diameter of the ramekins. Use a 1-inch cutter to cut out center of dough. Place dough round on top of each ramekin and press the edges over the rim to secure.
- Combine egg and water; brush on the dough and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place ramekins on foil-lined pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cranberry juices are bubbling. Let cool for 20 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
530 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 103g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 30%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.