Oven-roasted nuts have a bold flavor that pairs nicely with dark chocolate or assertive cheeses, such as Gorgonzola and whiskey-infused cheddar. Watch the nuts closely while baking so they don't overbrown.
Chef's Tip: For extra holiday flair, stir in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp. coconut oil|
|1 (8.75 oz) bag Hy-Vee deluxe salted mixed nuts (with no peanuts)|
|⅓ c. instant dark roast coffee crystals|
|½ c. Hy-Vee Select 100% pure maple syrup|
|¼ c. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave oil on HIGH about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Spread nuts on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with coconut oil and toss to combine.
- In a medium saucepan, combine, coffee crystals, syrup and brown sugar. Cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until coffee is dissolved. Drizzle over nuts and toss to combine.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 6g