Citrus Chicken Salad Pitas
Here's another protein-packed lunch that's guaranteed to energize you at even the most stressful times. Blueberries and almonds are rich sources of antioxidants, which may help prevent disease.
Dietitian Tip: Bibb lettuce is a variety of butterhead lettuce. To prep, carefully remove the core, immerse the loose leaves in cold water, drain them and pat dry.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. whole almonds|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee Dijon mustard|
|1 tsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|1 c. chopped cooked chicken breast (about 6 oz)|
|1 medium clementine, mandarin or blood orange, peeled and chopped|
|½ c. blueberries|
|2 (6 inch) whole grain or whole wheat pitas, cut in half|
|4 whole Bibb lettuce leaves|
|Lime wedges, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl combine yogurt, mustard, parsley and honey; set aside.
- Toss together chicken, orange and blueberries.
- To tote for lunches, place single-serving portions of almonds, chicken mixture, pita bread, lettuce leaves and lime wedges in individual resealable plastic bags. Transfer half of the dressing to two airtight containers. Place all ingredients in an insulated cooler with ice pack or chill all ingredients except for pita bread and almonds until assembly.
- To assemble sandwiches, line pita bread halves with lettuce leaves. Fill with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with almonds and top with dressing mixture. Squeeze lime wedge over filling just before eating.
480 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 53g
- Protein: 34g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 40%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2016.