Chef Mark Prece's Linguine and Mussels in Saffron Broth
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||Hy-Vee linguine|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|⅓ c.||red onion, finely chopped|
|1 ½ tsp.||garlic, minced|
|1 ½ lbs.||mussels, picked over and cleaned|
|2 tsp.||fresh dill, chopped|
|1 sprig(s)||fresh parsley, destemmed and chopped|
|½ tsp.||ground saffron|
|½ c.||dry white wine|
|1||(8-oz.) bottle clam juice|
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cut into small pieces|
|Hy-Vee salt, to taste|
|Hy-Vee freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional|
Things To Grab
- Large pot
- Medium saucepan with lid
- Small bowl
- Cook linguine according to package directions and drain; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mussels, dill and parsley; cover and steam until mussels open, 3 to 4 minutes. When mussels open, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, steep saffron in white wine in a small bowl.
- Add the saffron-steeped wine and clam juice to the pot and simmer for 1 minute. Add butter and whisk until melted. Add cooked linguine and warm through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Portion pasta into individual bowls and place mussels in their shells on top of linguine. Pour remaining broth over the top of each bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
410 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Protein: 18g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2011.