Brushing the crust with milk before baking makes an irresistible golden-brown color across the top. Sprinkle with sea salt for an extra pop of flavor.
Servings and Ingredients
|Veggies: 1/4 cup Hy-Vee pizza sauce + 1 cup leftover cooked veggies + 1/2 cup Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
|Meats: 1/4 cup Hy-Vee pizza sauce + 1/3 cup pepperoni minis and/or fully cooked Italian sausage crumbles + 1/2 cup Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, roll one portion of pizza dough into a 6- to 8-inch circle.
- In a bowl, combine pizza sauce and veggies or meats. Spread filling over half of dough circle, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle cheese over filling.
- Fold dough circle over top and pinch together edges to seal. Cut a few slits in top to allow steam to escape. Brush top with milk.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2014.