Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Feta cheese helps keep the fire of the jalapeños under control, as does removing the peppers' seeds and white membranes.
Servings and Ingredients
|12 whole jalapenos|
|1 (8 oz) container Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|½ c. Hy-Vee traditional crumbled feta cheese|
|½ tsp. paprika|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee garlic powder|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee black pepper|
|24 slice(s) Hy-Vee center cut bacon*|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise. Wearing gloves to protect hands from burning, with a spoon remove seeds and white membrane from jalapenos.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, feta cheese, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper. Smear cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno half until jalapeno is full of cream cheese mixture. Wrap each stuffed jalapeno half with a slice of bacon.
- Place jalapeno halves on cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until bacon is brown.
- *For a healthier version, swap out Hy-Vee center cut bacon for Hy-Vee turkey bacon.
70 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2013, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of December 23, 2015.