60-Minute Italian Breadsticks
Your very own basket of what seems like unlimited breadsticks. At home. Without having to wait at a restaurant. Go ahead and make a full batch, you can always freeze the rest for later.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 ½ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided|
|¾ c.||whole wheat flour|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|2 packet(s)||active dry yeast|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee skim milk|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee butter|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|Hy-Vee sea salt, for sprinkling|
|Freshly cracked Hy-Vee black pepper, for sprinkling|
|Sesame seeds, for sprinkling|
- In a large bowl combine 3/4 cup white flour, 3/4 cup wheat flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, water and butter over low heat until warm.
- Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture and beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Add 1/2 cup flour; beat another 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in 1/2 to 1 cup additional flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl; cover. Place bowl in pan of hot water and let rise 15 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and divide into 24 pieces. Shape into breadsticks and place on greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise 15 minutes.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
90 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Healthy Living Recipes Cookbook.