Zucchini and Summer Squash Ribbon Salad
Servings and Ingredients
|2 yellow summer squash|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|½ c. Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese|
|¼ c. chopped fresh basil|
|1 clove(s) garlic, minced|
- Wash and trim off ends of zucchini and yellow squash. Using a vegetable peeler, peel vegetables into long ribbons, rotating vegetable as needed to ease peeling. Discard the seedy center.
- Place ribbons in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Mix and let drain for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, Parmesan, basil and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Gently wring out ribboned vegetables and pat dry with paper towel. Add to the oil mixture and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
90 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 40%