Wild Western Barbecued Ribs
Servings and Ingredients
|1 medium onion, finely chopped|
|1 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp. oil|
|6 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce|
|1 (14 oz) bottle ketchup|
|2 tbsp. cider vinegar|
|2 tsp. yellow mustard|
|2 tbsp. packed brown sugar|
|1 tbsp. hot red chili powder|
|¼ tsp. black pepper|
|¼ tsp. coriander|
|1 tsp. Liquid Smoke flavoring|
- In a 2-quart saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until onion is transparent.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, cider vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, chili powder, pepper, coriander and Liquid Smoke.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set sauce aside.
- Heat grill or coals. Sear meat for 2 minutes on each side and remove from grill.
- Cover the grill rack with heavy aluminum foil and puncture foil.
- Raise grill rack 5 inches above the heat source and place meat on top of foil. Baste top of meat with the cooked sauce.
- Cook meat for 15 minutes. Turn meat and baste again with sauce.
- Cook for 15 more minutes. Turn meat over, baste and cook 10 more minutes.
- Continue turning and basting until both sides have a crisp glaze coating and a sharp knife inserted in the meat shows no pink color.
- Transfer meat to a platter. Serve with corn-on-the-cob and cole slaw.