Wild Mushroom Gravy with Chestnuts and Roasted Shallots
Servings and Ingredients
|6||shallots, peeled and quartered|
|4 clove(s)||garlic, sliced|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2 tsp.||chopped fresh rosemary|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt, divided|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee pepper, divided|
|1 lbs.||mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, oyster, shiitake and portobello, halved and sliced crosswise|
|1 ¾ c.||Hy-Vee reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1 c.||whipping cream|
|8||ready-to-use cooked peeled chestnuts, quartered|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh parsley|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss together shallots, garlic, oil, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat; sauté mushrooms and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in batches for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden, adding remaining butter as needed.
- Stir in Cognac; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add broth and cream; bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer; add roasted shallot mixture and chestnuts. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until gravy thickens. Stir in parsley.
- Tip: Substitute brandy for Cognac if desired. Keep a lid handy when cooking with liquor. If Cognac start to flame while deglazing the pan, simply cover with lid to extinguish flame. Do not pour alcohol directly from the bottle.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 8%