Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. warm water (125 to 130 degrees)|
|1 envelope(s) rapid-rise yeast|
|1 tbsp. honey|
|1 tsp. plus 1 pinch salt, divided|
|3 tbsp. olive oil|
|4 c. all-purpose flour|
|semolina or cornmeal|
|4 tbsp. butter|
|1 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|4 tbsp. flour|
|2 c. milk|
|Canadian bacon, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese|
- Combine water, yeast, honey and 1 teaspoon salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Mix in olive oil. Add 4 cups flour and knead until smooth. Cover and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 14-inch circle. Place each piece on a greased pizza pan that has been sprinkled with semolina or cornmeal.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Saute garlic. Add 4 tablespoons flour to make a paste. Add milk, pinch of salt, cayenne and nutmeg. Continue cooking until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Divide evenly between the two 14-inch pizzas.
- Add Canadian bacon, mushrooms and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees until golden.