White Chocolate Pumpkin Centerpiece Cake
Let White Chocolate Pumpkin Centerpiece Cake steal the show this year on your buffet. The best part is that it's delicious!!
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|4||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|3 c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking soda|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee ginger|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground nutmeg|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cloves|
|1||(15 oz) can Hy-Vee pumpkin|
|1 ⅔ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla|
|1 c.||shredded carrot|
|1 c.||chopped Hy-Vee English walnuts, toasted|
|½ c.||golden raisins|
|For white chocolate ganache:|
|1 c.||heavy whipping cream|
|12||(1 oz each) squares premium white chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped|
|For leaves and vines:|
|2 oz.||white chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee semi-sweet chocolate baking chips|
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, grease and flour two 6-inch fluted tube pans; set pans aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a large bowl. Stir together pumpkin and buttermilk in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and pumpkin mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Fold in carrot, walnuts and raisins. Divide and spread batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for white chocolate ganache, bring whipping cream to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in white chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk mixture until smooth. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until mixture slightly thickens and has coating consistency.
- To assemble cake, spread 1/4 cup of the white chocolate ganache on flat side of one cake. Add second cake, pressing flat sides together to form a round pumpkin-shape cake. Transfer cake to a foil-lined tray or cooling rack. Spread remaining ganache evenly over cake. Chill for 30 minutes. Make leaves and melt chocolate for piping vines (below). Arrange leaves on top of cake and pipe on the vines.
- For leaves, microwave white chocolate candy coating on HIGH 1 minute; stir and microwave 30 to 40 seconds more. Stir again until smooth. Generously brush melted chocolate on underside of 5 to 7 clean pesticide-free ivy leaves. Chill 15 to 20 minutes or until firm. Carefully peel leaf off of chocolate.
- For vines, microwave semisweet chocolate chips on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir and microwave 30 seconds more. Stir again until smooth. Transfer mixture to resealable plastic bag and snip corner of bag for piping.
540 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 30g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 62g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 120%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2009.