Watermelon Layer Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|1||medium-large seedless oval or oblong watermelon|
|16 oz.||non-fat Greek yogurt|
- Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry.
- Cut a three-inch-thick slice from the ends of each side of an oblong, seedless watermelon. Use slices for another purpose.
- Place watermelon flat on a cutting board and cut down the sides of the watermelon to remove rind. Cut so that the melon looks like a double-layer cake.
- Set on paper towel to drain excess water. Using more paper towels, pat the sides and top of the melon to remove excess moisture.
- Place melon upright on a serving dish or cake stand.
- "Frost" the cake top and sides with non-fat Greek yogurt. Allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- Prior to serving, touch up any areas that are in need of more yogurt.
- Press coconut into the frosting. Decorate with berries, along the edge that touches the plate and in concentric rings on the top.
150 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 45%
Vitamin C 70%