Servings and Ingredients
|4||Hy-Vee large eggs, beaten|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee flake coconut|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee English walnut pieces|
|3 c.||finely shredded carrots|
|1||(8 oz) can Hy-Vee crushed pineapple, drained|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee vegetable oil|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|3 tsp.||Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|1 ½ tsp.||allspice|
|Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe follows|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee whole English walnuts|
|Cream Cheese Frosting|
|2||(8 oz each) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee butter, softened|
|6 c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla|
|Additional powdered sugar, optional|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 (9-inch) round cake pans by spraying bottom of pans with non-stick cooking spray and coating with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until blended. Add sugar and stir by hand. Stir in coconut, walnuts pieces, carrots and pineapple. Add oil and stir until well mixed. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice. Pour dry ingredients into wet mixture, stirring until flour mixture is just mixed with the wet ingredients. Do not over-stir or cake will be tough.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared cake pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 5-8 minutes. Remove from pans and allow cakes to cool completely.
- Prepare frosting as directed below. To assemble cake, place one layer on cake plate. Spread frosting over cake layer. Top with remaining layer and frost entire cake, reserving 1 cup frosting for piping. Using reserved frosting, fill pastry bag fitted with small round tip; pipe border and 8 rosettes on cake top. Place a whole walnut on each of the 8 rosettes for garnish. Chop remaining walnuts; lightly press onto sides of cake.
- To make cream cheese frosting, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar. Add vanilla mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Reserve 1 cup frosting for piping. If necessary, add additional powdered sugar to create piping consistency.
930 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 60g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 98g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 90%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2012.