Summer's freshest produce—from mangoes to veggies and herbs—creates delicious, nutritious rice paper rolls just like the ones you find in restaurants. Serve these as an appetizer or entreé with the spicy-sweet sauce. Look for rice papers in the Asian or HealthMarket section of your Hy-Vee store.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||hoisin sauce|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee smooth peanut butter|
|1 tbsp.||chili garlic sauce|
|1 tsp.||sesame oil|
|2 to 3 tsp water|
|2||mangoes, seeded and peeled|
|1||red bell pepper, seeded|
|2||medium carrots, peeled|
|12||(8-1/2-inch) round rice papers|
|4 c.||red cabbage, thinly shredded and divided|
|1 c.||fresh mint leaves, divided|
|1 c.||fresh cilantro leaves, divided|
Things To Grab
- Small bowl
- Wide shallow bowl
- For peanut sauce, in a small bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, peanut butter, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil and enough water for sauce consistency; set aside.
- For veggie rolls, cut mango, bell pepper and carrots into thin matchsticks; set aside.
- Fill a wide shallow bowl with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper into water for a few seconds or just until moistened. (Rice paper will still be firm but will continue to soften during assembly.) Place rice paper on a work surface.
- Place 1/3 cup cabbage across lower third of the rice paper. Top with a few slices each mango, red pepper and carrot; add some mint and cilantro. Fold bottom of rice paper up over filling. Fold in sides and roll up tightly.
- Repeat with remaining rice papers and filling ingredients. Serve immediately with peanut sauce for dipping.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 65g
- Protein: 9g