Veggie Noodle Chicken Pad Thai
This fresh take on Asian pad Thai uses spiralized veggie noodles instead of rice noodles, while chicken, eggs, and peanuts provide plenty of protein in your meal.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee packed brown sugar|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee less sodium soy sauce|
|2 tbsp.||rice vinegar|
|1 tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|1 tbsp.||fish sauce|
|1||medium zucchini, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths|
|1||medium summer squash, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths|
|2||large carrots, peeled, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee canola oil, divided|
|1 lbs.||boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small strips|
|1||red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips and strips halved|
|4||green onions, chopped|
|2 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|3||Hy-Vee large eggs, slightly beaten|
|¼ c.||unsalted peanuts, chopped|
|Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish|
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and fish sauce; set aside.
- Attach spiralizer blade for making thin, round noodles similar to spaghetti. Spiralize zucchini, summer squash and carrots, placing each in a separate bowl.
- In a very large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Transfer chicken to a bowl; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and carrots to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, green onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Push vegetables from center of skillet. Add eggs; cook until eggs are cooked through. Add chicken, noodles and sauce; toss together and heat through.
- Serve warm topped with peanuts and, if desired, cilantro leaves.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 23g
Vitamin A 90%
Vitamin C 70%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2016.