This fresh take on Asian pad Thai uses spiralized veggie noodles instead of rice noodles, while chicken, eggs and peanuts provide plenty of protein in your meal.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee packed brown sugar|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee less sodium soy sauce|
|2 tbsp.||rice vinegar|
|1 tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|1 tbsp.||fish sauce|
|1||medium zucchini, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths|
|1||medium summer squash, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths|
|2||large carrots, peeled, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee canola oil, divided|
|1 lbs.||boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small strips|
|1||red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips and strips halved|
|4||green onions, chopped|
|2 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|3||Hy-Vee large eggs, slightly beaten|
|¼ c.||unsalted peanuts, chopped|
|Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish|
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and fish sauce; set aside.
- Attach spiralizer blade for making thin, round noodles similar to spaghetti. Spiralize zucchini, summer squash and carrots, placing each in a separate bowl.
- In a very large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Transfer chicken to a bowl; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and carrots to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, green onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Push vegetables from center of skillet. Add eggs; cook until eggs are cooked through. Add chicken, noodles and sauce; toss together and heat through.
- Serve warm topped with peanuts and, if desired, cilantro leaves.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 23g
Vitamin A 90%
Vitamin C 70%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2016.