Servings and Ingredients
|1 (10 oz) pkg vanilla baking chips|
|½ c. margarine|
|1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour|
|¾ c. white sugar|
|½ c. chopped pecans|
|1 tsp. vanilla|
|¼ tsp. salt|
|3 large eggs|
|1 ½ c. powdered sugar|
|3 tbsp. margarine, softened|
|2 tbsp. milk|
|½ tsp. vanilla|
- Heat vanilla chips and 1/2 cup margarine in heavy 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, just until melted. Mixture may appear curdled. Let cool.
- Stir in flour, white sugar, pecans, 1 teaspoon vanilla, salt and eggs. Spread in greased and floured 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before topping with vanilla glaze.
- To make vanilla glaze, mix together powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons margarine, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.