Soup, Chili & Stew
Turkey Tortilla Soup
The odds are pretty good you'll have leftover turkey, so make a huge pot of Turkey Tortilla Soup. It freezes well too, so you can enjoy it all winter long.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||chopped onion|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1||(4 oz) can Hy-Vee diced green chilies|
|1||(1.25 oz) envelope dry taco seasoning|
|1||(16 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained|
|6 c.||turkey broth|
|1||(10 oz) bag Hy-Vee frozen kernel corn|
|2 c.||cooked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|⅓ c.||chopped fresh cilantro|
|4 oz.||Hy-Vee tortilla chips|
|½ c.||shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
- Sauté onion in olive oil in a 5-quart saucepan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in green chilies and taco seasoning. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and turkey broth; bring to a boil.
- Add corn and turkey. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro.
- To serve, spoon soup into serving bowls. Top with tortilla chips and cheese.
130 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2007.