Three-Cheese Potatoes with Rosemary, Thyme and Garlic
Craving au gratin potatoes? We've got you covered. You can even cut down on fat and calories by using half and half instead of heavy cream.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 lbs.||Hy-Vee russet potatoes (about 6 medium)|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2 tsp.||minced garlic|
|3||sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped (or 2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed)|
|½ tsp.||dried thyme, crushed|
|½ tsp.||sea salt|
|¼ tsp.||ground white pepper|
|1 c.||shredded Swiss cheese|
|½ c.||freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|4 oz.||fresh goat cheese, crumbled or 4 oz Hy-Vee cream cheese, cubed|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee whole milk|
|1 c.||heavy cream|
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and place on lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Peel potatoes and slice 1/8-inch thick. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, sea salt and white pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine Swiss and Parmesan cheeses.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with 2/3 cheese mixture and crumbled goat cheese or cubed cream cheese. Arrange remaining potatoes on top of cheese mixture.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and cream over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Do not boil. Watch carefully as milk burns easily. Carefully pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours until the top is deeply browned and potatoes are tender. Let stand on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 26g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 13g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday Entertaining Cookbook.