Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside.
Terence Newman's Garlic-Ginger Chicken
“Seasoning is the key,” says the 197-pound Vikings star Terence Newman.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 lbs.||chicken wings, and/or thighs|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee soy sauce|
|1||red onion, chopped|
|1 tbsp.||garlic paste, or 6 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp.||fresh ginger, grated|
|2 tsp.||sesame oil|
|Green onions, for garnish|
|Sesame seeds, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Resealable plastic bag
- Large baking pan
- Aluminum foil
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- Charcoal or gas grill
- Silicone pastry brush
- For marinade, in a medium bowl, combine sugar, water, soy sauce, red onion, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Pour over chicken; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain chicken; reserving marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken pieces in baking pan, spacing pieces apart. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Place marinade in a saucepan; gently boil over medium heat until reduced to 1 cup; set aside.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Grill chicken for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through, turning once and brushing with reduced marinade. Transfer chicken to a platter. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with green onions.
320 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 2330mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 25g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%