Tater Chips with Yogurt-Mint Dip
Complement burgers and sandwiches with these crispy thin chips. You can season chips in other ways too. Try spice rubs intended for barbecuing or sprinkle on flavored salts.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt|
|3 tbsp. chopped fresh mint|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|1 tsp. kosher salt, divided|
|4 medium Yukon gold or other yellow-flesh potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee black pepper|
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mint, olive oil, honey and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir until well blended. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Preheat grill for direct cooking to medium heat.
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly with a brush; pat dry. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices.* In a large bowl, combine potatoes, melted butter, remaining salt and pepper; toss well.
- Place potato slices in a single layer on oiled grill rack. Grill until golden brown and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Watch closely so potatoes don't burn. Grill remaining potatoes in batches. Serve with yogurt dip.
- *While cutting, drop the potato slices in a bowl of ice water to keep them from browning.
230 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 550mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2014.