Taco Salad Bread Boats
Servings and Ingredients
|½ lbs. lean ground beef|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee chili powder|
|1 (16 oz) can Hy-Vee refried beans|
|1 (14.5 oz) can Hy-Vee diced tomatoes with green chilies, slightly drained|
|1 (10 oz) baguette|
|1 c. Hy-Vee Mexican-blend shredded cheese|
|Hy-Vee shredded lettuce, Hy-Vee sliced olives, Hy-Vee salsa, diced tomatoes and additional cheese, optional|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown hamburger. Drain.
- Stir in chili powder, refried beans and diced tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, split baguette lengthwise. Hollow the bread out and cut each half in half across. Place on a baking sheet.
- Spread meat mixture evenly across all the hollowed bread. Top evenly with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- To serve, top with lettuce, olives, salsa, tomatoes and cheese if desired.
470 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 1380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 56g
- Protein: 29g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 25%