Taco Quesadilla Pizza Bites
You can't go wrong when you combine two kid favorites—pizza and Mexican food—into one wholesome mini-size snack. Kids can even help prepare the pizza by sprinkling on the toppers.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 (7-inch each) multi-grain with flax flatbreads|
|½ c. Hy-Vee shredded Mexican cheese|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee salsa, plus additional for serving|
|¼ c. cooked chicken, chopped|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee sliced pitted ripe olives|
|1 green onion, thinly sliced|
|2 oz. Hy-Vee pepper jack cheese, shredded|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee nacho chips, crushed|
Things To Grab
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cheese shredder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For quesadilla crust, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle one flatbread with Mexican cheese, spreading out evenly. Place second flatbread on top of cheese. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread salsa over top of quesadilla crust. Top with chicken, olives and green onion. Sprinkle with shredded pepper jack cheese and chips.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes more or until edges are brown and crisp and cheese is melted on top.
- Cut into 8 wedges. If desired, serve with additional salsa.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 460mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 14g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2014.