Soaking the raw cashews that are pureed in the lime cream sauce releases more of their vitamins, allowing those beneficial nutrients to be more easily absorbed by your body.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. raw cashews|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 c. warm distilled water|
|⅔ c. Hy-Vee almond milk|
|⅓ c. fresh lime juice|
|2 large sweet potatoes|
|7 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee taco seasoning|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed|
|1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced|
|Fresh cilantro, for garnish|
|Jalapeño pepper, sliced, optional|
Things To Grab
- Large glass bowl
- Cotton towel
- Charcoal or gas grill
- Aluminum foil
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- Paper towels
- Place cashews in a glass bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Cover with distilled water. Cover bowl with thin cotton towel. Soak cashews for 5 hours. (Or place nuts and salt in bowl; cover with boiling water and let soak for 10 minutes.) Drain nuts.
- In a blender, place drained cashews, almond milk and lime juice. Cover and blend until creamy. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
- Peel sweet potatoes, if desired. Prick sweet potatoes with fork several times. Place in a microwave oven and cook on high for 5 minutes. Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Line grill rack with a piece of foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Using a fork, prick foil in several places. Place potato wedges on foil. Grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- While potatoes are grilling, pat tofu dry with paper towels. Cut into cubes; sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through; set aside.
Top each tortilla with sweet potato wedges, tofu mixture and avocado. Drizzle lime cream sauce over top. If desired, garnish with cilantro and/or jalapeño pepper.
Hyvee Culinary Expert TipChile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes. When working with hot peppers, wear protective gloves.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 11g