Sweet Potato Pie with Praline Topping
Servings and Ingredients
|2 large eggs|
|⅓ c. plus 3 tbsp packed brown sugar, divided|
|3 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted, divided|
|3 tsp. Spice Islands pure vanilla extract, divided|
|1 ⅜ tsp. Spice Islands pumpkin pie spice|
|½ tsp. salt|
|1 (15 oz) can sweet potatoes, drained, mashed (about 1 cup)|
|1 c. half-and-half or evaporated milk|
|1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell|
|½ c. chopped pecans|
|3 tbsp. all-purpose flour|
- In small bowl, combine topping ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt until well blended.
- Gradually add sweet potatoes and half-and-half, mixing until well blended.
- Pour into pie shell; sprinkle evenly with topping. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Garnish with pecan halves and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
350 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 6%