Sweet Apple Salad
Servings and Ingredients
|1 can(s) crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved|
|1 c. sugar|
|1 tbsp. flour|
|1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed|
|2 c. chopped apples|
|1 c. finely chopped celery|
|1 c. raisins|
|1/2 to 1 c. chopped walnuts|
|2 c. miniature marshmallows|
- In small saucepan, mix 1 cup reserved pineapple juice, sugar, flour and egg. Blend until smooth. Cook on low to medium heat, stirring almost constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and refrigerate.
- When mixture is cooled completely, fold in Cool Whip. Set aside.
- In large bowl, toss apples, celery, raisins, walnuts and marshmallows. Toss in drained pineapple.
- Coat with Cool Whip mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.