Sweet and Spicy Walnuts
Servings and Ingredients
|4 c.||California walnuts, halves and pieces|
|2||egg whites, lightly beaten|
|½ c.||granulated sugar|
|2 to 3 tsp cayenne pepper|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss walnuts with egg whites.
- Mix sugar with cayenne pepper and toss with the walnuts and egg whites.
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until walnuts are crisp and caramelized. Let cool and enjoy.
190 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 7mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 4g
Chef Rob Stevens, www.walnuts.org.