By stuffing the middle, every bite of roast is enhanced by buttery, savory flavors.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (10 oz) can Hy-Vee plain breadcrumbs (about 2 c.)|
|2 tbsp. minced garlic|
|1 large onion, diced|
|1 c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
|1 bunch(es) fresh parsley, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 c.)|
|1 (4- to 6-pound) beef tenderloin roast|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, butter and parsley for stuffing. Slice roast into a pinwheel lengthwise and unroll as you slice*. Stuff with breadcrumb mixture and roll up tying with butcher's twine. Salt and pepper the outside of the roast.
- Place in a roasting pan with a wire rack. Roast 50 to 70 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Remove from oven let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meat will continue to cook as it rests. Plan on meat increasing about 10 degrees. A final internal temperature of 145 degrees is medium-rare, 160 degrees is medium, so remove meat from oven accordingly.
- *Test Kitchen Tip: When slicing the tenderloin to stuff, work slowly and keep pulling to lay the meat flat on the counter as you slice. Start at the top of the meat with blade at an angle. Slice about an inch in deep and roll the meat. Continue with 1- to 2-inch slices, rolling the meat to get it to a pinwheel shape once stuffed and rolled back up.
440 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 33g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 580mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 22g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2013.