Strawberry Special Shortcake
Servings and Ingredients
|4 c. fresh strawberries, sliced|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee orange juice|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee flour|
|1 c. berry-flavored toasted oat cereal|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee margarine, chilled|
|¾ c. half-and-half|
|Hy-Vee light whipped topping, thawed|
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries with 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and orange juice. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; cut margarine into mixture with fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in half-and-half just until moistened.
- Form dough into smooth ball and place on lightly floured surface. Knead 18 to 20 times; roll to 1/2-inch thickness and cut with floured 3-inch cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Split crosswise while still warm. Fill center with strawberries. Top with additional strawberries and whipped topping.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 780mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 65g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 120%