Servings and Ingredients
|2 (16 oz each) pkg organic Driscoll strawberries, quartered|
|¼ c. plus 3 tbsp sugar, divided|
|½ tsp. vanilla extract|
|2 c. flour|
|1 tbsp. baking powder|
|½ tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|½ c. Organic Valley butter, chilled|
|⅔ c. Organic Valley half-and-half|
|1 c. whipped topping, thawed, divided|
- Stir together strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar and extract. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Cut butter into 8 pieces; add to flour mixture. Pulse until mixture is crumbly. Transfer flour mixture into a bowl. Stir in half-and-half. Set aside 1 minute.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 2 or 3 times. Pat into a 6-by-12-inch rectangle. Cut into 8 biscuits.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Split warm biscuits; top each bottom half with 1/3 cup strawberry mixture, biscuit top and 2 tbsp whipped topping.
340 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 110%