Strawberry Shortbread Cookie Stack
Have you ever seen a more irresistible cookie? This strawberry shortbread sandwich cookie is filled with mascarpone and puckery-sweet lemon curd.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¼ c.||fresh sliced strawberries|
|6 tbsp.||Hy-Vee sugar, divided|
|1 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee butter, chilled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices|
|½ c.||mascarpone cheese|
|¼ c.||lemon curd|
|½ c.||heavy whipping cream|
- In a medium bowl, toss strawberry slices with 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and 3 tablespoons sugar using paddle attachment. Add butter and continue to mix until dough just forms and pulls away from sides of bowl, about 5 minutes. Form into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough about 1/4-inch thick. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut dough into 10 circles. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and lemon curd; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture.
- To serve, place one shortbread cookie on a plate. Spoon mascarpone mixture on top. Add berries and top with another cookie. Serve immediately.
680 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 49g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 40%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2014.