Strawberry Pretzel Pie
Sweet and salty, jiggly and smooth, creamy and addictive. There’s good reason why this dessert is a long-standing favorite at potlucks and holiday gatherings.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 ½ c.||finely crushed Hy-Vee pretzels|
|3 tbsp.||plus 1 c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee corn starch|
|1 ½ c.||water|
|1||(3 oz) pkg Hy-Vee strawberry gelatin|
|3 lbs.||fresh strawberries|
|1||(8 oz) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|1||(12 oz) container frozen Hy-Vee whipped topping, thawed|
|Crushed pretzels, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed pretzels, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Spread in a 9-inch springform pan, pressing evenly onto bottom and sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium saucepan combine remaining 1 cup sugar and corn starch. Gradually stir in water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool for 20 minutes.
- While glaze is cooling, wash strawberries; remove stems. Add to gelatin mixture; spoon into crust-lined pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over filling. If desired, sprinkle crushed pretzels on top.
740 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 38g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 98g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 170%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016.