Strawberry-Filled French Toast
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c.||sliced strawberries|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|3 oz.||Hy-Vee reduced-fat cream cheese, softened|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee fat-free strawberry yogurt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|8 slice(s)||Hy-Vee buttertop wheat bread|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee skim milk|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee whipped topping, thawed|
- In a small bowl, stir together strawberries and sugar. Set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, yogurt and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture between 2 slices of bread. Repeat for remaining bread.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- Coat filled bread slices in egg mixture.
- Warm a greased, large skillet over medium heat. Place filled bread in pan and cook on each side until lightly browned.
- Top each filled bread with 1 tbsp of remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Evenly divided strawberry mixture and top each filled bread. Top with 1 tbsp whipped topping.
300 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 42g
- Protein: 14g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 80%