Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookie Bars
Think strawberry pie meets sugar cookie. It's such a simple recipe and truly a heavenly combination.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ batch Basic Sugar Cookie Dough|
|1 (18 oz) jar Hy-Vee strawberry preserves|
|1 (8 oz) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|Red food coloring, optional|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut parchment paper to size of 9-by-13-inch pan bottom. Roll about half of dough on top of parchment paper to just past edges of paper. Place in bottom of pan. Press dough up the sides of pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together strawberry preserves, cream cheese and red food coloring, if desired. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Meanwhile, for lattice topping, roll remaining dough onto floured waxed paper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to handle more easily. Cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Working on floured waxed paper, weave strips of dough to create a lattice top. Carefully slide lattice topping on top of strawberry mixture. Crimp and trim edges.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until top just begins to brown.
370 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 58g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2013.