Spring Salad with New Potatoes, Snap Peas and Shaved Fennel
Servings and Ingredients
|½ lbs. small new red potatoes, scrubbed|
|½ lbs. small new yellow potatoes, scrubbed|
|4 oz. sugar snap peas|
|6 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select white wine vinegar|
|1 ½ tbsp. stone ground mustard|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee yellow mustard|
|1 tsp. dried dill weed|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced*|
|2 green onions, thinly sliced|
|3 radishes, thinly sliced|
|4 c. baby spinach leaves|
|4 c. torn romaine lettuce|
|Fresh dill for garnish, optional|
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and boil, uncovered, for 11 minutes. Add sugar snap peas to potatoes and boil for an additional minute or until potatoes are tender but still firm. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl halfway with ice water. Drain vegetables and plunge into ice water to cool for 5 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- For dressing, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustards, dill weed and salt; set aside.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add peas, fennel, green onions and radishes. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing; add remaining dressing to the potato salad, stirring well. Add spinach and toss lightly.
- Divide romaine among 6 salad plates. Spoon potato salad on top and drizzle with reserved dressing. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
- *To prepare fennel, cut off green stalk and base. Cut into quarters and carefully cut out core.
210 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 45%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2012.