Servings and Ingredients
|1 sheet(s) frozen puff pastry (about 1/2 pound), thawed|
|1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp Hy-Vee Select garlic flavored olive oil, divided|
|1 ½ c. grated aged white cheddar cheese|
|½ c. grated Emmentaler cheese|
|3 tbsp. thinly sliced leeks, white part only|
|1 large egg|
|3 tbsp. cream|
|Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|1 lbs. thin asparagus, trimmed|
|½ tsp. finely grated lemon zest|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a 10-by-16-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. With a paring knife, score 1-inch from the edge of the dough, creating a rectangle; prick all over remaining dough with a fork. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil and bake until light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly on baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine white cheddar, Emmentaler, sliced leeks, egg and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Toss the asparagus with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the asparagus on the tart and bake until the cheese mixture is slightly puffy, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve warm or at room temperature.
200 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 4%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1