Spinach and Feta Croissant Crostini
For your next party, toast thinly sliced croissants and load them with savory toppings. Sprinkled with Parmesan, toasted croissant slices also make great croutons for soups and salads.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1||(10 oz) bag fresh spinach|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee feta cheese crumbles, divided|
|½ c.||pine nuts, toasted|
|¼ c.||plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese, divided|
|12||Hy-Vee Bakery mini croissants|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook spinach for 2 minutes or until wilted. Let cool.
- Add wilted spinach, 1 cup feta cheese, pine nuts and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to a food processor. Cover and process until consistency of a fine paste; set aside.
- Cut croissants into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on prepared baking sheets. Spread with spinach-feta mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle remaining feta cheese over top. Serve warm.
- *Note: To toast pine nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
170 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2015.