Snow-Capped Fudgy Forest Bundt Cake
This recipe makes investing in a Holiday Tree Bundt Pan worth every last crumb.
Servings and Ingredients
|Hy-Vee unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting|
|2 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee cocoa powder|
|¾ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|1 ¼ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|3 Hy-Vee large eggs, at room temperature|
|2 (3.9 oz each) pkg Hy-Vee chocolate instant pudding mix|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee sour cream|
|1 c. Hy-Vee 2% milk|
|12 oz. mint or Hy-Vee semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|Hy-Vee powdered sugar, optional|
|Hy-Vee peppermint ice cream, optional|
- Spray the Holiday Tree Bundt® Pan with non-stick cooking spray. Coat the pan with unsweetened cocoa powder; set pan aside.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder; set aside. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs, pudding mix and sour cream. Mix well. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beating until combined.
- Stir in mint chips. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Gently tap the pan on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Place pan on a baking sheet in the oven. Bake 2 hours 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan. Cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- If desired, sift powdered sugar over cake and serve with peppermint ice cream.
500 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 24g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 530mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 67g
- Protein: 8g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2009.