Swirls of cinnamon and sugar put a new twist on this classic cookie.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
|1 ⅓ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|3 oz.||Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla|
|2 ¾ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, melted, divided|
- Combine pecans, 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in a food processor. Cover and process until nuts are finely chopped. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup softened butter and cream cheese. Beat in remaining 1 cup granulated sugar and baking powder, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. Stir in remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll half of dough between two sheets of parchment or wax paper into an 8-by-12-inch rectangle. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Spread half of pecan filling over dough to within 1/2-inch of edges.
- Starting from one of the short sides, roll up jellyroll style, removing paper as you work. Moisten edges; pinch to seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to rack to cool.
100 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2009.