Soup, Chili & Stew
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, undrained|
|¾ tsp.||Hy-Vee dried thyme|
|½ lbs.||low-fat smoked turkey sausage, cut lengthwise and into ½-inch chunks|
|3 c.||Hy-Vee reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee long grain rice, uncooked|
|½ lbs.||salad shrimp|
|Hot sauce, optional|
- Combine tomatoes, thyme, turkey sausage and chicken broth in a 3½- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in rice. Cover and cook on LOW for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp is heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with hot sauce, if desired.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 640mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 17g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 15%