Shrimp Salad with Pina Colada Vinaigrette
Rich with pineapple and coconut flavors, pina colada mix is available at Hy-Vee's Wine and Spirits departments.
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||pina colada mix|
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee canola oil, divided|
|1 ½ tbsp.||Hy-Vee apple cider vinegar|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee honey|
|1 ½ tsp.||grated fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp Hy-Vee ground ginger|
|½ tsp.||hot sauce|
|8 c.||Hy-Vee spring mix salad greens|
|4||assorted baby peppers, halved and cut into 1/4-inch strips|
|2||star fruit or kiwi, sliced|
|1||(14 oz) can hearts of palm, drained|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee lemon pepper seasoning|
|1 ½ lbs.||large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|¼ c.||flaked coconut|
- For vinaigrette, whisk together pina colada mix, 2 tablespoons canola oil, vinegar, honey, ginger and hot sauce; set aside.
- In a salad bowl combine greens, peppers, fruit and hearts of palm; set aside.
- Generously brush a grill wok with vegetable oil; place on grill grate. Preheat grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil and lemon pepper seasoning. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- Grill shrimp over direct heat for 2 to 3 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
- Just before serving, top salad with shrimp and flaked coconut. Serve with prepared vinaigrette.
360 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 215mg
- Sodium: 1550mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 28g
Vitamin A 120%
Vitamin C 180%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2014.