You'll experience a nice crumble of sweet tastes with each nibble of this perfect melt-in-your-mouth shortbread.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 c. Hy-Vee quick oats|
|1 c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee baking soda|
|1 c. cold Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cut into pieces|
|1 c. Hy-Vee milk chocolate chips|
- In a food processor, combine flour, quick oats, powdered sugar, vanilla and baking soda; process until combined. Add cold butter. Pulse until mixture is the consistency of coarse meal and just starts to come together.
- Sandwich dough between 2 pieces of waxed paper on a sheet pan. Press into 10-by-12-inch rectangle (about 1/4-inch thickness). Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove waxed paper and cut into 2-by-3-inch rectangles, followed by cutting in half diagonally to create triangles. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are just golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in microwave on HIGH in 30-second intervals, mixing until completely smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into resealable plastic bag and cut one tip of the corner. Once cookies are cool, drizzle melted chocolate over shortbread.
100 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2013.