This fresh-tasting lemon chicken dish can be ready in a pinch and is sure to please a crowd.
Beer pairings include Hefeweizen, Light Lager and Pilsner.
Wine pairings include Pinot Grigio, Fume Blanc and Vouvray.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee lemon pepper seasoning|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee canola oil|
|8||chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/2 pounds)|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- Combine lemon pepper and salt. Add oil and mix thoroughly.
- Liberally coat chicken legs with oil-spice mixture.
- Grill chicken legs, turning once, until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees, about 12 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken before serving.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 215mg
- Sodium: 1290mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 0g
- Protein: 47g
Straw to amber in color, this wheat beer (German in origin) contains aromas and flavors of banana and clove. “Weizen” means “wheat” and “hefe” means yeast. It has low acidity and moderate alcohol levels and is very highly carbonated with a long-lasting head. Pair with seafood, chevre (goat cheese), and key lime pie. Best served at 40-45 degrees in a Weizen glass.
From the week of August 10, 2016.