Sausage Pizza Burgers
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs.||ground pork|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee Italian seasoning|
|½ tsp.||fennel seed|
|1||(15 oz) can Contadina pizza sauce|
|4 slice(s)||Hy-Vee mozzarella cheese, divided|
|4||Hy-Vee whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted|
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine ground pork, Italian seasoning and fennel seed. Form into 4 patties.
- Cook burgers for 5 minutes. Turn burgers over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour pizza sauce over the burgers and bring to a simmer. Top each burger with a slice of cheese. Cover pan and cook until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on the bottom bun. Place burger on top. Spoon another tablespoon pizza sauce on top of burger and cover with top bun.
410 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 780mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 32g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of August 8, 2010.