Salted Caramel Brownies
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking soda|
|7 oz.||unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|4 oz.||quality dark chocolate (60-72%), coarsely chopped|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cubed|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|½ c.||packed Hy-Vee light brown sugar|
|5||Hy-Vee large eggs, at room temperature, beaten|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1||(17 oz) jar Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch caramel sauce, divided|
|½ tsp.||fleur de sel or sea salt|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 13-by-9-inch pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter, stirring frequently, over low heat in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in granulated and brown sugars. Cool to room temperature. Whisk in beaten eggs and vanilla. Do not overbeat.
- With a spatula, gradually fold in flour mixture until just combined. Pour half into the prepared pan and smooth top with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees. Drizzle 3/4 cup caramel sauce over brownies in a zigzag pattern, making sure caramel does not touch the edges of the pan. Spread caramel evenly across brownie layer to within 1/2 inch of edge. Stir remaining brownie batter and drop by spoonfuls over the caramel layer.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup caramel sauce and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Cool completely before cutting.
310 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 42g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2013.