Servings and Ingredients
|1 head garlic, with the top sliced off enough to expose the cloves|
|3 jalapenos, finely minced, seeded if preferred|
|2 lbs. 80%-lean ground beef|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tbsp. kosher salt|
|1 ½ tsp. cracked black pepper|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|4 Hy-Vee bakery hard rolls, sliced|
|8 slice(s) white cheddar cheese|
|Lettuce, tomato and red onion slices, optional|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a square of aluminum foil with cooking spray and wrap garlic in foil.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until fragrant and golden. Be careful opening, it will be extremely hot. This can be done up to 6 days ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking to medium heat.
- Break apart head of garlic. Squeeze garlic from each clove into a small mixing bowl, taking care to remove and discard skins. Mix in jalapenos to form a chunky paste, set aside. This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated as well.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Divide meat into four equal-sized balls and form into patties.
- Spread butter on both halves of the rolls and place on the grill to toast, about 2 minutes. Remove from grill; set aside.
- Grill burger patties for 14 to 18 minutes, flipping halfway, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from grill and top with cheese slices and spread a layer of roasted garlic and jalapeno paste on each burger.
- Place lettuce and tomato slice on the bottom half of a toasted hard roll, followed by prepared burger, red onion slices and top bun.
700 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 34g
- Cholesterol: 195mg
- Sodium: 2280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 65g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 25%
Hy-Vee chefs, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of April 29, 2015.