Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. apple butter|
|½ c. chopped, crisply-cooked bacon|
|½ c. thinly sliced shallots, sautéed until tender|
|1 tbsp. curry powder|
|Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|1 (3 1/2 pound) pork loin|
|Mardi Gras Rice and Wild Horse Pinot Noir, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- To make basting sauce, combine apple butter, bacon, shallots, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Position the roast, fat-side-up, on a rack in an open pan. Paint a thick coat of basting sauce on all sides of the roast.
- Place the pan in the middle of the oven and bake for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
- Remove the roast from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with Mardi Gras Rice and a bottle of Wild Horse Pinot Noir.
500 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- Sodium: 1050mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 53g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 8%
Chef Gary Puetz.