Rich Mocha Latte
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||Dutch-process cocoa|
|2 c.||fat-free half-and-half, divided|
|2 c.||strong organic dark-roast coffee, hot|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|1 tsp.||vanilla extract|
|Whipped topping, for serving|
|Ground cinnamon, for serving|
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cocoa and 3/4 cup half-and-half; mix with a fork until well-blended. Add half-and-half as needed to form a smooth paste.
- Pour coffee, sugar and remaining half-and-half into a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the chocolate paste to the coffee mixture; mix well, and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla.
- Pour the mocha coffee into two mugs. Top each with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon. Serve immediately.
270 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Sodium: 353mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 11g